Muscle is a pretty neat thing. Once you start building it, it completely changes your outlook on what it means to be fit—and for the way better. Here are 10 funny, awesome, and totally legit facts of life every muscle-wielding woman has realized along her get-strong journey:
1. “You Look Strong” Is The Best Compliment Ever
Cute? Pretty? You can do better than that.
2. Calloused Hands Are Sexier Than Any Manicure
Lifting gloves? No, thank you!
3. A Big Butt Is a Source of Pride
When it can no longer fit into your jeans, it’s simultaneously infuriating and thrilling.
4. More Muscle = Faster Metabolism
5. Acrobatic Sex Is Awesome
Oh, the things you can do with some thigh strength!
6. Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone Feels Really Freaking Amazing
Adding more weight might seem impossible in the moment, but afterward, it’s a reminder of how tough you are.
7. Muscles Makes Everything Easier
Catching the bus, getting your suitcase into the plane’s overhead compartment, and opening jars like a champ—you do it all.
8. Treat Your Body Well, and You’ll Notice a Major Difference
…In your energy, in your skin, in your mindset.
9. Backless Dresses Are The Best
Is there anything more flattering than a perfectly toned set of shoulders?
10. Physical Strength Yields Inner Strength
Every time you flex a muscle, you grow on the outside and inside. #confidence
All gifs courtesy of giphy.com
More from Women’s Health:
The Exercise That Works the MOST Muscle Groups
Why You’re MORE Sore Two Days After You Exercise
7 Trainers Share Their BEST Strength-Training Tips