Hopelessly devoted to your beauty regimen but sick of shelling out tons of cash on products? (Same.) Never fear—there are a slew of brands and stores waiting with bated breath to show you some love. The most important thing to remember when it comes to making wise beauty buys? “Loyalty,” says Lara Eurdolian, the beauty blogger behind Pretty Connected. The more you shop in one place, the faster you'll bring home the beauty bacon.
1. BareMinerals: Members of the mineral-based makeup brand's Friends and Benefits program (known as FAB) receive 15 percent off their first order and a personal sale day. Other perks include $10 off all orders of at least $150 and a free birthday gift.
2. Birchbox: For $10 a month, Birchbox subscribers receive a box filled with sample-sized goodies. Customers earn 10 points per product review, 110 for a yearly box subscription, 10 for a monthly subscription, and additional points for friend referrals. Shopping for full-sized products racks up the perks too—each dollar spent is a point earned, and 100 points equals $10 off your order.
3. Clarins: Shoppers at luxury French cosmetics brand Clarins can join the Clarins.com rewards program to earn one point for each $1 spent. After you earn 200 points, you get a $20 off promo code for your next purchase of $50 or more.
4. CVS: Think drugstore beauty doesn’t have anything to offer? Think again. Join CVS's Beauty Club to score a 10 percent off beauty shopping pass, $5 in ExtraBucks rewards for every $50 spent on qualifying beauty purchases, $3 ExtraBucks rewards on your birthday, and e-mails with coupons, beauty tips, and information on new products.
5. Drugstore.com: Drugstore.com's Dollars Program gives members five percent credit on all qualifying purchases from beauty.com, drugstore.com, or visiondirect.com. $200 in orders will earn you a $10 credit. Watch the benefits build up each quarter; you'll have 30 days to spend the credit you earn.
6. Kiehl’s: The skin-care staple encourages customers to return their empty containers for recycling purposes. Once you bring 10 in, you’ll earn one free travel-sized product.
7. Lancôme: Cosmetics brand Lancôme's Elite Rewards program gives members 10 points for every dollar spent, plus added bonuses for signing up and your first purchase. Those points can be used for private beauty consultations, spa services, or products.
8. MAC Cosmetics: MAC lovers can cash in on some semi-immediate gratification just for recycling. Once you bring in six glass or plastic bottles from your used MAC cosmetics, you can pick out a lipstick, lip gloss, or eye shadow—totally free.
9. Smashbox: As a member of Smashbox Pretty Points, you’ll earn five Pretty Points for every dollar you spend. Once you get to 500, you’ll receive a $10 rewards certificate. Members also receive deluxe samples with every order of $35 or more, and you get a free birthday gift and other free samples.
10. Sephora: Customers of the everything-beauty purveyor earn points through Sephora's Beauty Insider program. Beauty Insider members are eligible for a free birthday present, classes, product rewards, and seasonal promotions. With at least 100 points ($1 = one point), members can pick from an array of rotating, high-end samples to try. Spending more than $350 per calendar year bumps you into the next category: Very Important Beauty Insider (a.k.a. VIB). In addition to the other perks, VIBs get seasonal gifts and first dibs on new products, plus early access to sales and special shopping events. The perks don't stop there; very big beauty spenders (we're talking $1,000+ per calendar year) receive all the benefits of the other two programs, plus free two-day shipping on all orders in the U.S., unlimited access to Sephora's in-house makeup artists at the store’s Beauty Studio, and access to exclusive events and special gifts.
RELATED: 8 Ways to Be Richer by Next Month
11. Ulta: Loyal shoppers at cosmetics store Ulta earn free birthday gifts and can sign up for email alerts to earn two, three, or even five times the bonus points on certain purchases. Those points (one point per every dollar spent) can be redeemed for anything (100 points earns you $3 off, 250 points earns you $8 off, and so on). If you spend $400 or more in a calendar year, you'll also qualify for Ulta's platinum program, which brings in 1.25 points per dollar spent, plus a birthday present and a $10 coupon.
The bottom line: It’s easier than ever to save on beauty purchases. Follow the tips above, and your wallet will thank you!