Yoga relaxes and focuses you—95 percent of the time. The other five percent of the time? Something tells us these may sound familiar.
1. You Get All Sorts of Not-Namaste When Someone Steals Your Mat Space
“Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhaaaale.”
2. You Change Your Outfit Twice Because You Just Don’t Feel as Cute in Your Tie-Dye Leggings Today
Athleisure is trendy these days, and the fact that you need to make a fashion statement every time you hit the mat does not escape you.
3. You Redo Your Hair Five Times Before Class So That Your Bun Is Perfectly Messy
You want it to look haphazard but not too raggedy, put together but not like you tried too hard. There is a fine line here.
4. So Of Course You Check Out Other Women’s Outfits and Poses from Upside-Down and Twisted Positions
“Mental note to ask that lady with the adorable neon sports bra where she got it after pract—oh, right: focus.”
5. You Evaluate Your Pedicure Needs While Folding Forward
Lunges and warriors do not pretty toes make. (But girl, your calves look freakin’ fantastic!)
RELATED: 14 Things Girls Who Take Workout Classes Do But Will Never Admit To
6. You Feel Like a Giant Failure on the Days When Your Yoga Teacher Doesn’t Compliment Your Practice
Riddle you this: If your instructor doesn’t applaud your half moon pose, did you even really do it?
7. You Wear the Same Black Yoga Pants Several Practices in a Row
They’re a yoga wardrobe staple. It’s basically like repeating an underwire bra.
8. You Sniff Your Armpits While You Stretch Your Hands to the Sky
Oldest trick in the yogi book.
RELATED: 14 Things Girls Who Work Out Do But Will Never Admit To
9. …And Pull Out Your Wedgie During a Seated Spinal Twist
You’re simply releasing the bind.
10. …And Pretend to Squeak Your Foot on the Mat to Hide the Sound of a Fart
After all, there is no judgment in yoga.
11. When You Fall Out of a Pose, You Sometimes Pretend You Totally Meant to Come Out of It Early to Stretch
“Ack, silly tight hamstring!”
12. You Laugh Internally (or, Occasionally, a Little Bit Externally) at Some of the More Extreme Yogi Things Your Teacher Has Said
Exhibit A: “Imagine there’s an invisible cord connecting your kneecaps to your nipples…”
13: You Get a Litttttle (Okay, a Lot) Competitive About Whose Splits Are Deepest in Class
New girl needs to know her place. Er, you mean: Namaste.
All gifs courtesy of giphy.com