You’re dripping sweat, your heart is pounding, you’re breathing heavy…and then you finish your last rep. Oops, were you thinking of something else? It’s no secret that sex and hard workouts both make you feel fan-freaking-tastic, sweaty, and also pretty thirsty. However, there are plenty of other ways killing it at the gym is just like killing it in the bedroom. Read on for the hilarious things that the two physical activities have in common.
1. Groaning and cheering are totally acceptable. Showing appreciation for your partner’s moves sounds about the same as showing appreciate for your instructor’s hurt-so-good exercises. (Moannn. “Yes, that’s good, yes.” Moannnnn.)
2. Sometimes you have to hype yourself up. Five minutes into either activity, you’re way into it, but the hour or so leading up to it was a struggle.
3. You don’t care much about what you look like while in action. Gritting your teeth, squinting your eyes, and puffing your cheeks doesn’t make either activity any less enjoyable. Actually, those scary faces usually make an appearance during the best parts of both scenarios, right?
4. It’s not out of the ordinary for someone to yell, “Harder!” or “Push it!” In fact, these are probably the only two situations in life in which those phrases are considered totally normal.
5. You might crave carbs big time. Bring on the bagels, pasta, and bread—you just worked up a healthy appetite, girl.
6. Showering afterward feels so crazy good. Besides carbing it up, the most satisfying way to top off a hard workout or roll in the hay is with a hot shower.
7. Mood music can help make it even better. Yoncé in the gym is as effective as Yoncé in the bedroom. Boom.
8. You’ll probably need to change clothes. Whether you’re covered head to toe in spandex or lace, that specialized gear is going to have to come off—and be washed thoroughly.
9. Doing it with a buddy can make it more fun. Obviously, solo sessions at both the gym and between the sheets totally get the job done, but throwing another person into the mix is a recipe for sweet, sweet success.
10. Trying creative moves can be exciting, challenging, and also end up hurting someone. Maybe you’re using a new piece of equipment or trying a complicated position; either way, you’ve got to proceed with caution, or things could get ugly.
11. You might need a break between positions. It’s totally cool to take a rest and grab a drink, then finish the job. *Wink, wink*
12. Doing it first thing in the morning can totally make your day. Rise and grind, indeed.
13. Of course, getting down to business after work can also put the cherry on top of your day. There’s nothing like sweating it out at the gym after a rough day at work to relieve stress. Well, except for sweating it out in the bedroom, or kitchen, or bathroom, or wherever else floats your boat.
14. Nailing your session can make you more than ready for your next one. You might be shot for today, but in 24 hours, you’ll be majorly motivated for round two.
All gifs courtesy of giphy.com.
More from Women’s Health:
What to Do About Crotch Sweat
Why Does Running Sometimes Give You the Runs?
How to Know When Your Sports Bra Has Had It