If makeup is a regular part of your beauty routine, we’re guessing that you have kind of a love-hate relationship with it. Sure, it’s a great form of personal expression, can boost your confidence, and can make you look super gorgeous—but sometimes, it is definitely way more trouble than it’s worth. These problems might just come with the territory, but that doesn’t mean they don’t suck:
1. No matter how careful you are, you can’t help but stain your shirts around your collar when getting dressed.
2. Your boyfriend’s white pillows are never safe.
3. You think it won’t be a huge deal to skip taking it off so you can hit the sack, but then you wake up and your skin hates you.
4. You must constantly fight the urge to blow your paycheck on new products.
5. God forbid you have to sneeze and blow your nose, or eat and wipe your mouth.
6. You think you nailed the natural bronzer, only to find out that your bathroom lighting was, er, deceiving.
7. Before you go out on a Friday night: hot. Two hours later: hot mess.
8. Your cell phone screen is always splotchy after you use it.
9. No matter how long-lasting lipstick claims to be, you always have to reapply again (and again and again).
10. You never have counter space in your bathroom, ever.
11. When the mid-afternoon slump comes along and you tiredly rub your eyes…yeah, you’re screwed.
12. You need superhuman hand steadiness to put on eyeliner, unless you risk looking like a 2-year-old did your cateye.
13. And if you don’t nail it on first try, you need industrial-strength remover so you can start over.
14. You have to plan ahead to see sad movies so you don’t wind up looking like this:
15. You feel totally naked when you don’t wear it, even though you know you look fine.
16. And when you do forgo product and go barefaced, it earns you concerned cries of “You look tired!”
More From Women’s Health:
Is Sleeping in Your Makeup Really THAT Bad?
13 Problems Only Women Who Are Obsessed with Beauty Products Can Understand
7 Natural Remedies to Common Beauty Problems