Talk about a win! I crave chocolatey treats just as much as the next person, hard to believe that these guys are #sugarfree, #paleo, #vegan (optional) and #glutenfree!
CACAO BEET BROWNIES
1 cup Pureed Beets
1/4 cup Cacao powder & 3 tbs Cacao for icing
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1 tsp baking powder
6 tbs Coconut Oil
1/4 cup almond milk
1 egg or Flax egg (see note)
3 Medjool Dates
For The Brownie
– Pre heat oven to 400′ F.
– Combine Beet puree and dates in a blender til both a super smooth.
– Add Cacao powder, Coconut Flour, Egg, 3 tbs Coconut oil, Baking Powder, Almond milk to the beet mix and combine until a batter is formed.
– Spray brownie tray with Coconut oil, and spread batter on tray about 1 inch thick.
– Cook for 20minutes @ 400’F.
– Allow to cool in pan
– Combine 3 tbs Cacao Powder, 1 tbs coconut oil, 1 tbs hot water to make icing thick. Add more coconut oil if you would like a harder chocolate icing as the final product.
Putting It All Together
– Take Brownie out of pan once cooled
– Spread icing over Brownie dust with cacao.
– Store in a airtight container
*Flax egg is 2 tbs of ground flax meal combined with 2 tbs of hot water.
Nutritional Info (Makes 8 pieces )