Too good to be true? Try it and see how easy and delicious this is! Better yet, there is no baking required, as it only takes minutes to prepare in your microwave. I prepared a Devil’s Food Mug Cake (with angelic nutrition), so kick those cravings to the curb and enjoy every last bite! The chocolate cravings kick in and you’re getting bored with chugging down a quick protein shake. Well, now you can enjoy a cake with only adding a few more ingredients to the protein powder.
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and yes it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
DEVIL’S FOOD MUG CAKE
1 scoop CHOCOLATE casein protein powder (ensure casein for cake-like consistency)
2 TB. unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tsp. coconut flour
2 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 packet stevia
2 egg whites
3 TB. unsweetened almond milk
How to Prepare
1. Spray all sides of a mug (or your favorite microwaveable cup) with non-stick cooking spray. This will help the cake to form its shape as well as prevent sticking. Set aside.
2. Put egg whites and almond milk in a bowl and fluff with fork.
3. Add all remaining ingredients and mix until ingredients are well blended.
4. Pour cake batter into the mug (make sure you get it all in there or you just lose precious bites of cake).
5. Microwave for 1 minute or until cake is firm in the center. You can either let cool or eat it while it’s hot. Enjoy!
Per cake (recipe makes 1): 204 calories, 32 grams protein, 10 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.