Here are the recipe of Cauliflower Dolmades.
2 cups cauliflower heads
1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
1/4 cup freshly chopped dill
1/4 tsp sumac
Juice of one lemon
2 tsp of lemon rind finely grated/
2 tbs Tahini
1 tbs olive oil
Pinch of black pepper
Pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt
10 vine leaves
• take the cauliflower and chop up super fine as if it were “rice”. You can also use the pre-packaged Cauliflower rice from Trader joes to save time of need be.
• Once rice is chopped, pre heat fry pan and lightly spray with coconut oil. Add the chopped cauliflower to the pan and sautée on a low heat with the lemon juice, sumac, salt and pepper. Remove from heat as the cauliflower begins to turn slightly transparent.
• Place cauliflower in a medium mixing bowl. Add the tahini, olive oil and herbs and mix thoroughly. You mix is now ready to rock!
• Take you vine leaves, rinse them thoroughly and lay flat shiny side down.
• Take 2 tbs of the cauliflower mix and place in the middle of the base of the vine leaf. And now it’s time to roll!
• Bring the two sides into the center and begin to roll your dolmade up tight, keeping it compact the entire time.
• Place the stuffed vine leaf opening down on a plate and move on to the next one. Repeat this until the mixture is gone.
• Now that they are rolled, lightly spray /or drizzle the Dolmades with olive oil, sprinkle with dill and the remaining lemon rind and you have yourself a delicious Greek treat.
• Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
• These can be served as an appetizer among friends or as a great snack.
Nutritional Info (Serves 8)