Here are the recipe of Cauliflower Turkey Meatballs, which is perfect to have on hand as a meal option.
GINA’S GLUTEN FREE CAULIFLOWER TURKEY MEATBALLS
1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
1 whole egg
½ cup cauliflower rice
¼ cup cashews
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dry yellow mustard
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
¼ cup organic ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray mini muffin pan with olive oil.
3. Puree cashews until they form a flour consistency.
4. Mix all your ingredients together in one large mixing bowl.
5. Roll the mixture into small meatballs and place in muffin pan. (I used 2- 24 mini muffin tins)
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until fully cooked.
7. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
G-Tip: Have fun with this recipe and come up with other variations by adding different types of veggies. Celery, zucchini and mushrooms are some of my other favorites. Different veggies add more color, flavor and additional moisture. The beauty of this recipe is you can create a slightly different variation each time!
(per mini meatball, yields 48)
Calories: 28 calories
Fat: 1.25 grams
Saturated Fat: .3 grams
Carbohydrates: .9 grams
Protein: 2.6 grams
Fiber: .2 grams