When you hire a plastic surgeon, you should thoroughly research its credentials, because this choice will be one you will have to live with for the rest of your life. If you will have a successful procedure, then you will feel more confident and it will make you feel more like yourself. Plastic surgery offers a plethora of benefits to patients every year, but you have to know from the beginning that there are certain risks associated with every procedure. Few patients know the risks the plastics procedures involve, before beginning the search for a doctor. This is the reason why the majority of patients hire inexperienced surgeons and they end up being disappointed with the result of their procedure.
If you work with an inexperienced surgeon then you should know that there are good chances to have a poor result and this will lead to additional time, costs and even heartache. So, you have to do a thorough research and hire a well established and experienced plastic surgeon. To get the results you desire you should choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in the type of procedure you want to get.
Board certification is crucial
You may not know, but the government does not ask surgeons to be specifically trained in the area they offer services. Therefore, you should not expect the state medical board to check if your plastic surgeon is specialised in this area. Many doctors specialised in general surgery offer plastic cosmetic procedures, and you have to make sure that you do not hire one of them, because they do not have the needed knowledge in doing the procedure you want. You should check if the one you want to hire is board certified. The first thing you have to do is to ask the surgeon if they are certified and if they could show you their certification.
Check their experience in the procedure you want
It is important the surgeon you hire to be certified in plastic procedures but you should know that they could have subspecialties, so you should make a list with the doctors who have the subspecialty within the field you are interested in. You should know that every field of plastic surgery requires special skills, because it is quite different to operate on a breast that is comprised of glandular and soft tissue and a nose with cartilage, bone and breathing passages. So, the first thing you have to do is to make a list with the board certified doctors from your region, and then you have to make sure that you hire the one that has plenty of experience in the specific procedure you want to have. Here are some questions you should ask the surgeon before deciding if you want to work with them or not.
- How many times have you done this procedure before?
- Do you have any specific training in the procedure I want to have?
Aesthetics is the key point of your choice
You already know that what you find beautiful other person may find unattractive. Therefore, you have to make sure that you work with a person that shares your aesthetic sensibility. This means that you should take into consideration your friends’ recommendations, but you should take a look at the results they had, to make sure that they are the right doctor for you. Your choice should not depend solely on their experience. Here are some things you should look for.
- Now is the moment to compare the results different plastic surgeons have when it comes to the procedure you want to have. In this way, you will see what results seem to appeal to your preferences and personality.
- You should take a photo of yourself and try to find patients that have similar features as you, when you check the results the doctor shows you. Do the results look, as you would want to look after the procedure?
- If you want to have a facial procedure, then you should check if the doctor worked with patients who have similar facial structure with your, and who are around same age. Also, check if they have the same concerns.
- If you want to have a breast surgery, then you should look at the pictures of the patients who have the same breast or torso shape. In this way, you will have a better sense of the way the surgeon works with the patients that have the same concerns as you do.
- In case you want to have a body procedure then it is important to see the results the surgeon had with person who have a similar body shape with yours.
- In addition, it is important to check if the results of the surgeon are consistent from a patient to another, because it is not advisable to work with a person who does not achieve similar results for the same procedure.
Most popular plastic surgery procedures
Contributed by https://www.torontoplasticcosmeticsurgeon.com/