Voting is now open for our Next Fitness Star competition, and the search for the fittest female personal trainer is heating up! Check out the finalists’ bios and videos all this week on WomensHealthMag.com, and head over to thenextfitnessstar.com to vote for your favorite until August 3rd (you can vote once a day).
City: Scottsdale, AZ
Catch Phrase: “Do it for the booty!”
Spirit Animal: Spider monkey
About Me: We’re going to flip tires. Slam battle ropes. Pick up weights. Bang out some pullups. Why? Because when you’re dripping in sweat and nearly wiped out, that’s when the magic happens. There’s an incredible strength you find in that momentary weakness. I use high-intensity interval training (HIIT) because it’s proven to be effective and efficient: It engages multiple muscles at once, blasts calories, and torches fat. But even more impressive is how it makes you feel mentally: strong, empowered, unstoppable. There’s nothing hotter than that.
1. Quote that inspires you? Nike cofounder Bill Bowerman said, “If you have a body, you are an athlete.” I believe every woman has an athlete inside her, and it’s my job to help her realize that.
2. So you flip tires with clients. Isn’t that for, like, huge football players and meatheads? I utilize a lot of equipment that women, especially ones who are new to the gym, can find intimidating. But once they try it, they’re hooked. Because it gives you not only physical results, but also confidence.
3. Currently on your workout playlist? “Jungle” by X Ambassadors & Jamie N Commons, “Higher Ground” by TNIGHT, “Hot in Herre” by Nelly, “You Know You Like It” by DJ Snake & AlunaGeorge.
4. Favorite healthy recipe? I have a sweet tooth, so I love making cacao avocado pudding. It’s so simple, too: Blend together 1 avocado, 2 Tbsp unsweetened cacao powder, 8 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk, and 2 Tbsp agave nectar (or sweetener of your choice). Chill and enjoy!
5. A client wants a tighter, more lifted butt. Best moves? My workouts are full body, but I’m all about pumping the booty up! We do a lot of squats, deadlifts, step-ups, and lunges in my classes. My favorite would have to be Romanian deadlifts—the emphasis is all on the hamstrings and the glutes, and since those are your powerhouse muscles, you can go heavier on this one, which leads to better results.
Check out Nikki’s video below:
Most used player for workouts, articles, and cover models
Check back for more Next Fitness Star finalists, and head on over to thenextfitnessstar.com to vote for your favorite!