The secret ingredient? Parsnip! Who knew? I’m a sucker for a meatball and I must admit I’ve finally done it— I’ve mastered the gluten-free turkey meatball and it’s super delicious.
These mini turkey meatballs are high in protein, great as finger food, an on-the-go snack, in a salad or with zucchini noodles.
MINI TURKEY MEATBALLS
1 lb super lean turkey mince
1.5 cups of raw grated parsnip
1/4 cup freshly chopped dill
1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
2 tsp red pepper powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup egg whites
2 tbs grated ginger
2 tbs nutritional yeast
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. In a pan, lightly sauté the grated parsnip for about 4 minutes.
3. Take parsnip off the heat and place in a mixing bowl.
4. Add all other ingredients to the mixing bowl, stirring thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
5. Take mix and make into mini meatballs. I used about a tablespoon of the mix per ball.
6. Once balls are made, lightly spray fry pan with coconut oil. Once the pan is heated, add the meatballs and cook until lightly browned.
7. Take balls out of the fryvaratewatch pan and place on a baking sheet, and place balls in the oven for 5-10 minutes. This will make sure the balls are cooked all the way through and if you decide to double up and do an extra large mix, then this will keep them warm or give you time to make a salad to go with them.
8. Serve with tahini or salsa and ENJOY!
Nutritional Info (Serves 4 people, 6 balls per serving)