Need energy? Coconut oil. Need to lose those extra pounds? Coconut oil. Dry skin? Coconut oil. Boy not texting back? Coconut oil. Haha, you get the gist! OK so I had some serious chocolate needs that had to be dealt with, but was also on a mission to keep up with the whole healthy, paleo, sugar-free “need to keep my abs visible” eating plan, and this is the result of that. Before you freak out on the nutritional breakdown, remember— good fats are your friend! Coconut oil is EVERYTHING.
NO-SUGAR RASPBERRY COCONUT CACAO BARK
1/2 cup freeze-dried raspberries
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/4 cup unsweetened cacao nibs
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine cacao powder and melted coconut oil until a melted chocolate-type consistency is formed.
2. Spread half the mix onto baking paper.
3. Before it sets, sprinkle half of the cacao nibs, toasted coconut and raspberries evenly on top of the chocolate.
4. Set aside in the freezer for three to five minutes, giving it enough time to semi set.
5. Take it out of the freezer and pour the remainder of the chocolate mix and slowly pour over the raspberries, coconut and nibs.
6. Top with the remaining raspberries/coconut and cacao nibs as you did earlier.
7. Set chocolate aside in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
8. Once set, break up into chunky rustic-looking pieces and fix all those chocolate cravings.
Nutritional Info (Serves 5)