There are numerous ways to prepare oats, but one method has recently become quite popular. “Overnight Oats” have been posted across all forms of social media. There are so many creative ways to prepare these oats using various add-ins and a variety of containers. Truly, it seems that whatever containers are available are used, i.e., empty nut butter jars, mason jars, etc.
My version of Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats combines fresh peaches with just enough sweet and spice, layered with creamy yogurt and the nutty flavor and awesome texture of the soaked oats to provide a breakfast treat that you simply will enjoy every bite of. It is so simple to make, so pretty to look at, and so fun to eat. Enjoy!
Keeping our bodies in shape is hard work… and, yes, it absolutely does mean making sacrifices when it comes to the foods that we choose to eat! However, the key is to still enjoy the foods that you love by simply recreating them into a healthy version. That’s what I’m here for! I’ll take the guesswork away from you and bring you new recipes each and every week! It’s all about being creative with good-for-you foods! As my trademark proclaims, I will always do my best to deliver to you: 100% Taste, 0% Guilt! It’s all here for you and ready to go. Each Alli’s Slim Pickins recipe provides detailed ingredients, nutritional information, and step-by-step instructions on how to prepare each mouth-watering meal! Come on, let’s make it happen…
PEACH COBBLER OVERNIGHT OATS
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup (approx. 1 scoop) vanilla protein powder
1 small peach, pitted and diced
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup granulated stevia (or preferred sweetener)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. salt
How to Prepare
1. Use a clean mason jar (you can also use a tall mug, Tupperware, or whatever container you have available).
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together almond milk, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, salt, sweetener, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats and the protein powder.
4. Pour half of the oat mixture into the bottom of the jar.
5. Pour half of the almond milk onto the top of the oats.
6. Next, layer with half of the diced peaches.
7. Next, spoon half of the yogurt mixture on top of the peaches.
8. Repeat by layering the remainder of oats mixture, followed by the rest of the almond milk, then the yogurt and finally top with the remaining peaches.
9. Put in the fridge and let sit overnight (or at least 5 hours). Dig in with a long spoon to get every layer. Enjoy!
Per serving (recipe serves 1): 400 calories, 41 grams protein, 49 grams carbohydrates (5.5 grams fiber), 5 grams fat
100% TASTE, 0% GUILT
Editor’s Note: If you have any specific requests or would like to share your feedback on the above recipes, please e-mail Allison Frahn at AliFrahn@yahoo.com.