Fall has finally hit, which means we are in search of more nurturing and comforting things to eat. We are start to cook a little more, start to introduce those delicious fall flavors, roast things and really embrace alllllll the delicious things more than ever. So what better time to ditch the beige food and embrace all the colorful things and give your metabolism a boost along the way. This dish can be a side for any lean protein shared for two or an entire meal for all those plant based foodies out there. Studies have shown that eating “rainbows” or colorful foods is amazing for your metabolism, so don’t be shy, get experimental if you like, the more color the better with this one.
RAINBOW VEGGIE PLATE
1 1/2 cup cauliflower rice
4 rainbow carrots
20 asparagus spears
2 tbs tahini
Handful of fresh dill
35 g dry roasted almonds (handful )
1 pinch chili flakes
• Pre heat the broiler on high.
• Cut the bases off the asparagus spears and set aside
• Peel carrots and cut into spears length ways, I would try and keep them a similar size to the asparagus, this will ensure things all cook at a similar rate.
• Take two pans and spray lightly with coconut oil, place the asparagus in one, carrots in the other and lightly spray with coconut oil again then place under the broiler. Set a timer for 5 mins, • once timer is up turn veggies over and repeat. The goal here is slightly roasted looking veggies so if they need another min or two on each side depending on the strength of your broiler.
• While this is cooking get started on the rest of the Prep and the cauliflower mix. Start by chopping the almonds and taking the seed pods out of the pomegranate. Set these aside and now move on to the cauliflower.
• Lightly spraying a pre heated fry pan with coconut oil, add cauliflower and chili flakes and lightly sauté for a couple of mins. Transfer to a small bowl, add the tahini, dill and stir throughly until combined.
• Take the carrots and asparagus out from under the broiler and now you are ready to putting it all together!
• Take the cauliflower mix and spread it about 1/2 inch thick on a plate to create a base, follow this with a layer of the carrots and the asparagus, followed by almonds, pomegranate and some fresh dill annnnnnd you’ve got yourself one impressive looking side for two or main meal.
Nutritional Info (Serves 2)