Here are the recipe of Skinny Carrot Cupcakes .
SKINNY CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 TB cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
4 TB chopped walnuts
1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/3 cup finely grated carrots
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 TB plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 TB coconut oil (softened)
1 whole egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (a casein blend works best)
2 tsp. coconut oil (softened)
2 TB granulated stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
How to Prepare
1. Prepare the cream cheese frosting: In a small mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, protein, coconut oil, and stevia until smooth. Put in the fridge to set.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper liners (or just spray with non-stick cooking spray) and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, stevia, and walnuts. Mix together.
4. Add the pumpkin, carrots, applesauce, yogurt, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract to the bowl and combine just until the ingredients are well mixed and a batter is formed (don’t over mix).
5. Bake approximately 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a knife inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before removing the cupcakes from the tin and placing on a cooling on a rack to fully cool.
6. Once the cupcakes are cooled (this is important so the frosting goes on smooth), remove the frosting from the fridge and evenly pipe the frosting amongst each of the 6 cupcakes (if you do not have a piping bag, simply use a knife to spread the frosting).
Per carrot cake (recipe makes 6): 210 calories, 16 grams protein, 18 grams carbohydrates (3 grams fiber), 8.5 grams fat