Moringa is high in vitamin A, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, B complex , vitamin C , iron and more than 90 nutrients which make its dried leaves one of the best nutritional supplements available in a 100% natural form.
Moringa oleifera is a small tree from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan. Its’ leaves have been used for generations in Eastern countries to prevent many diseases.
Athletes should include Moringa in oil or leaves, in order to benefit from many health and performance attributes. I will list some that in my criteria are important to consider:
– Gives energy
– Increase metabolic rate
– Helps to a faster recovery
– Moringa has Leucine and Isoleucine. This amino acids are a must for an athlete.
– Anti-inflammatory properties, helping also preventing injuries.
– Anti-septic, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties
– Improves immune system
– Supports the normal sugar levels of the body
– Reduces and assists in the prevention of muscle cramps
My Personal Recommendation
I love to do infusions, then some ice and blend it with my protein powder. I use after and post-workout because it gives me energy and helps me to recover faster. Moringa can have a laxative effect so begin with a small dose; studies suggest ½ to 1 teaspoon per day.
MORINGA PRE-WORKOUT RECOVERY DRINK
-½ teaspoon of Moringa
To make an infusion, boil 1 quart of water per ½ to 1 teaspoon of Moringa dried leaves. Pour water over the Moringa dried leaves and let steep for 30 to 60 minute. Then using a blender add the ingredients stir and drink.
Carbs: 5 fiber:1 gr