If you ask men and women what the most important part of a fit and healthy body is most would say a set of rock hard abs. There is no greater status symbol in the fitness world then a set of six pack abs and a great many people work hard to gain them. But there is more to a washboard stomach then just looking good. Those stomach muscles serve a very important purpose. Having a strong core has many positive benefits including a trim waist, putting an end to back pain, being able to run farther and faster, more powerful golf swing and it can improve your sex life.
While having that defined six pack is what most guys strive for getting that look is not always easy. But this has nothing to do with the actual strength of your abs. Getting those defined washboard abs is more about how much body fat you carry around. Having strong abs is more than just a look; it’s about being healthy and in shape.
Here are seven good reasons why you need to have a set of killer abs.
1. A smaller waist – Instead of sucking in your waist every time you see someone you know by having strong abs your stomach will look that way all the time. Strong abs will tighten your abdomen and you can actually trim a good inch or more from your waist size without losing any weight.
2. The end of back pain – If you have weak abdominal muscles you end up with an imbalance of your core muscles which places increasing stress on the gluteal and hamstring muscles. Your spine becomes unstable and the result is back pain. In fact the majority of all back pain is caused by a weak abdominal wall.
3. Stronger joints – Your core abdominal muscles stabilize your whole body, particularly when exercising or playing sports. This takes extra pressure off your joints, keeping them pain free.
4. More power in everything – Having powerful abdominals results in more overall power when it comes to just about any sporting situation. This is especially true in sports where throwing or swinging is involved. Strong abs will ad yards to your golf drive or get that softball over the fence.
5. No more hernia’s – The number one cause of hernias is a weak abdominal wall. In fact over half a million men will have to have hernia surgery this year. This can be easily avoided by strengthening your abs now.
6. Greater endurance and power – Having a set of strong abs will allow you to run farther and faster then you ever have. By stabilizing your core while running your entire body works more efficiently, saving your strength for the final sprint to the finish line.
7. Increase sexual stamina – Now who doesn’t want this. The longer it lasts the better it is for all parties involved. Your abs drive the whole operation. The stronger they are the better the rest of you will perform.
Having a set of killer abs is more than just a look, it’s a way to improve not only how you look but how you perform as well.